“Do more than belong: participate. Do more than care: help. Do more than believe: practice. Do more than be fair: be kind. Do more than forgive: forget. Do more than dream: work.”
~ William Arthur Ward
A year has passed since that first nervous phone call...A year that on some days seems to have flown by...on others as if it was just yesterday...We celebrated our "anniversary" with cards and a book for Gerard...and the most heart warming voice mail of the entire family singing "Happy Anniversary" to me. Then on May 11th with Gerard calling me for "Birth Mother's Day" and then on Mother's Day also...there were cards and gifts...but most importantly there was LOVE!
What I am learning over this past year could fill a book. One thing is that our lives are constantly in motion...and change is a constant element of that motion. That the shifts in our energy are the direct result of our choices. It could be an intention we have for ourselves...a change in our perspective, seeing things from a different view...or forgiveness...all have the ability to change our lives in a blink of an eye...when we think positive thoughts our world becomes brighter and happier. All we have to do is make that our goal because with each passing moment we are given so many opportunities to create change with nothing more than a thought. If we bear in mind that all that we think and do shapes the life that we know, than we can chose positive thoughts instead of negative ones.
The choices that we make from moment to moment allows us to grow...grow as a person...grow in a relationship...grow spiritually...with our thoughts and actions we go through different stages of our growth...like flowers and leaves some of the growth cannot be seen at first...but with time they become visible...colorful...soft and releasing. And with the proper warmth from ourselves we can unfold little by little, revealing a new shape...a new color...a new dimension of our self.
Appreciating the full beauty of the different stages of change we can learn to be gentle with ourselves...we can learn to nurture ourselves...we can learn to believe in ourselves. Every moment has its own beauty...we must feel the wisdom contained in the budding and the blossoming...and then we can begin to feel it everywhere...in each moment that comes and goes...in every hello and goodbye...in each morning and night...for life, is full of its own ebbs and flows....and it is our choice how we ride the waves.
I am learning all this as my relationship grows with my son and his family...I am learning to let go of "bad" thoughts I have held onto about myself due to entrusting my son to adoption...I am learning that I am the maker of my happiness...I am learning how to participate better...how to care more for myself and others without fear...how to practice what I am learning every day...how to be kinder...and how to forgive myself...
I am learning...
No comments:
Post a Comment
From your heart to mine!