I spent the weekend down on the farm! I wasn't milking a cow or tilling the soil...I was spending time with my son and family! I took my 8 year old grandson who lives in the same city that I do with me to visit with them also (his Uncle, Aunt and 3 Cousins)...A WONDERFUL time was had by all!
While there we were talking (my son and daughter-in-law and I) about how natural everything between us was right from the beginning. Why was that? Everyone agreed it was because we were ALL open to having a relationship...we were ALL ready, willing and excited about it...
and we ALL held the love for one another in our hearts...
We each held no judgmental thoughts about each other. Judgments interfere with love. Judgments can poison relationships...leaving anger...resentment and hurt in our hearts. I know that it is difficult sometimes not to make judgments...we all do it...we believe the thoughts we are having are true. But are they? Most judgments come when we think that someone or something needs to be changed...because we believe it is not the "right" way to do things...is that a loving thought?
The more we dwell on judgments we have made the more "real" they become. We start believing them and that leads us to feeling badly about someone...even badly about our self...So what do you do? Do you make changing the person or the situation more important than the love or do you tell those judgments that you will have no part of them? What is more important...LOVE or CHANGE?
And why are those judgmental thoughts so hard to ignore?
I know that I had judgmental thoughts about myself and the adoption for so many years (42 + to be exact!) but in order to have a relationship of love with my son...I had to let go of those thoughts and start to love myself...which allows me to love him better...heck, it allows me to love everyone better.
Is it easy? HECK NO on a bad day...but when I get one of those thoughts...I no longer BELIEVE IT IS TRUE! I make a choice...and I choose LOVE! I consciously question the thoughts now...I no longer believe that those negative thoughts are true...those thought have always made me feel unhappy... guilty... lacking...undeserving...just to name a few emotions...judgment just doesn't feel good to me...it makes me feel unlovable...it causes me to be angry...resentful toward myself and others...it shuts down pieces of my heart...
I NO LONGER am willing to pay the price that judgment regarding the adoption costs...
I CHOOSE LOVE!
No comments:
Post a Comment
From your heart to mine!