Getting ready for school...
Here we are rapidly approaching the end of the summer vacation for those who go to school...the days of getting up late and running in the sun will soon give way to getting up early...riding the bus...and being in classes all day long...then going home and the homework will begin.
As parents this is the time of year when you try to make it exciting for your children...a new year of learning...of connecting with friends that you haven't seen over the summer...and of course there are new school supplies...new shoes...and new clothes!
Gerard is a school teacher...a biology teacher...and he is 43 years old...I have never been able to get him ready for school...there have been no new school supplies...new shoes...or new clothes UNTIL this year! Before he arrived to visit I decided that it was an important event for me to mark off as one of our firsts! I went out and purchased a new shirt...a tie...and a pair of pants! I wrapped them up and presented them...a smile came over his face...he would tell everyone that his "mom" bought him new school clothes...a moment of pure pleasure for me...the look on his face...Priceless!
Another first...checked off the list...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
From your heart to mine!