The warm feelings of LOVE...

Today, I finally made the bed that my son slept in while he was here...it has taken me 3 days to do that! WHY? Whenever I would walk past that room and see the bed unmade it reminded me that he was here...it showed me proof positive that he slept here...under my roof! It gave me a feeling of joy and LOVE to know that for the first time ever he was here with me, alone without his family...here with me as a son visiting his Mother.

We had a "family" BBQ...by family I mean ALL of my children and myself (all 3 of them)! As small as that gathering was (there was also 1 girlfriend and 1 grandson) it was filled with laughter and LOVE that overflowed.

Today, I am reminded of those warm feelings of LOVE...how we express our affection to our loved ones. What is it that we all truly appreciate? A gentle touch...an expression of love by providing a "special" gift...the tenderness of a smile and a laugh shared together...helping each other when we need it...

One of the BEST things that I found that happened over the time Gerard and I were together was the loving act of LISTENING to each other...expressing interest in what each of us was saying...having endless conversations about how we felt about different things...agreeing with each other at times and understanding what each of us was saying....LISTENING...a pure act of caring!

This is such a small thing that we can do for each other...No one really needs to make a grand gesture of a present...instead, by truly connecting with those we love we show them how much they mean to us...we show them how much we love them...we show them how much we care about their thoughts and their feelings...

The warm feelings of LOVE...There are many of those that I hold in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From your heart to mine!