Thanks-giving...

Last year I spent Thanksgiving with my son, Gerard and his family...I remember that it was the first Thanksgiving in 43 years that I truly enjoyed. This year I will be spending the holiday with my family here where I live...I am excited to partake in the festivities...I am excited to make the squash and stuffing...I am present and giving thanks.

I am letting my heart soar...I am breaking the rubber band of old held onto beliefs...I am remembering that we are all connected...that we are each a separate and unique piece of the big picture that we call life...I am counting my blessings...I honor my joy...and I realize that everything that I have and love is here with me in my heart. I know that it always has been, (even if on some days I forget that).

No one, but me has ever been able to stop the love that I hold in my heart for Gerard...just as I hold the love for all those that I love that have passed...I can be sad about not having them here with me or I can choose to know that LOVE is and has been ever present.

So...I celebrate all that I am thankful for...I have much to be grateful for...people who love me without hesitation...people that I love...memories that I will always hold in my heart...and new memories to make....I am looking at the big picture....

I am giving thanks.

HAPPY THANKS-GIVING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

From your heart to mine!