Today is National Gratitude Day...a day when we can consciously take a look at all the abundance we have. And YES, I am truly grateful for all that I have and all that I am. It wasn't always completely that way, but I have learned so much about myself these past few years. I have taken time this morning to focus on my gratitude. I am affirming the blessings in my life...
I have been reading a lot about "angry" birth mothers and adoptees...and I will say that I was not aware, for a very long time, that I was actually one of them. I carried that internal anger with me for 42 years...and when it did surface I was not aware that the reason was because of the adoption. I know I have written and written about patterns...but I am so aware of them NOW...I wish in some ways I had always been aware of them...
I am trying to figure out a way to help others in their struggle to find their gratitude for the role they played in the adoption triad...(instead of holding so tightly onto the guilt and the anger of it) I know that we can make a powerful difference in the world if we foster a deep gratitude in our hearts. Gratitude is a powerful tool that can transform our lives...when we focus our thoughts on gratitude we feel energized and motivated to make a difference. I am feeling that is where I am in the present time. I want to reach out to others in an effort to touch their lives in the same positive ways that I have been touched...
I am not sure how to do that yet...but I feel in my heart that by creating a powerful cycle of love and gratitude we will all benefit...and it helps us heal...We let go of the "anger" and we count our blessings from a different place...and by sharing that with others I might just create a positive difference in their lives....
I'm working on it!!
Take a moment and count your blessings today...
No comments:
Post a Comment
From your heart to mine!